Tin you please explain the pregnant of no less than with examples?

EDIT:

WOW! I really didn't recollect that my question was so inferior!

Ok, I volition try to add together some quality like the 1 hither:

                When someone says 'no less than' what does it mean?                              

And then you can give me some Cambridge Dictionary and Wikipedia links.

Community's user avatar

asked Nov 24, 2011 at 15:55

bonsvr's user avatar

11

  • Please bank check digital/paper dictionaries first, earlier asking a question here. This question is easily answerable through normal resources. Please read the FAQ for more information almost what questions all-time fit here.

    Nov 24, 2011 at 16:07

  • Attempt searching for "none other than", if the literal pregnant doesn't make sense to y'all.

    Nov 24, 2011 at 16:08

  • Hi Matt. I am not satisfied with the answers I've found on the web. English is non my native language, different you. There are lots of questions in this site answered with a link to somewhere. Nobody downvotes people for that. Actually yous have questions answered like that,too. I'chiliad surprised with your mental attitude.

    Nov 24, 2011 at 16:22

  • If you lot are not happy with the answers yous've found, delight explain in your question (which yous can edit and nosotros can reopen) what you've found and why it doesn't help yous.

    November 24, 2011 at 16:54

  • @Matt Эллен: It's airtight equally "general reference", rather than "not a real question". Obviously I personally don't detect the surface meaning of the expression opaque, simply looking at examples in NGrams I'm intrigued that this version (as opposed to no more than) seems to accept a far college proportion of usages in religious contexts. I'm besides struck by fact that many instances of either version could just equally easily have used the word "simply". As a set phrase, it does seem to behave a little oddly.

    November 24, 2011 at 21:42

1 Respond i

This is an adjective. Little - Less - Least. It is the opposite of greater. "How long is that? Hmm, I don't know, only no less than 1 metre, and not longer than 2 metres eighter. Possibly 1,5?"

answered November 24, 2011 at xvi:x

Friend of Kim's user avatar